Alcohol & Drug Addiction
Alcohol addiction can be hard to diagnose. Although the general population believes excessive alcohol consumption is a problem, in Australia alone alcohol abuse kills 15 Australians each day. Are you or a loved one under under the control of an illicit drug addiction? The direct impact of addiction can vary depending on the type of drug being used.
The impact of alcohol and drug addiction can have a wide and varying effect on everyone’s life. This can include:
- Personal and social problems
- Family problems
- Financial problems
- Legal problems
- Drink-driving may lead to fines, loss of license and even imprisonment.
- Excessive alcohol consumption can cause illness, resulting in absenteeism, poor work performance and accidents at work.
- The risk of road, boating and work-related accidents is increased.
- Alcohol can affect the condition of skin and hair, and the high calorie content of alcoholic drinks can lead to weight gain.
How can MyOnlineClinic help me?
MyOnlineClinic gives you access to a Healthcare Professional through the convenience of your phone. MyOnlineClinic allows you or your loved ones being able to talk about & treat addiction at any possible time.
A video consultation via MyOnlineClinic is an effective way to receive treatment for addiction. Our healthcare providers are able to see and hear you just like they would in a face-to-face consulting room all whilst you feel comfortable in your own space. Patients also have the ability to choose from multiple providers and are not restricted to providers located in your area.